The 6+ Steps to Obtaining a Real Estate Salesperson License in Missouri
#1 Complete the 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination Course
- The primary purpose of the 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination course is to prepare the student to pass the licensing exam.
- First, complete this course and receive a certificate of completion after passing this course’s end of course test prior to taking the Missouri Real Estate Licensing Exam at the PSI testing center.
- You can find a link to the PSI testing center website and instructions on how to sign up for the examination HERE.
- Your 48-Hour Pre-Examination certificate will expire six months after the date on the certificate. You must complete all of the steps to obtain a license and have your license application to the MREC before the certificate expires.
#2 Pass the Missouri Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Examination through PSI Testing Center
- We recommend taking the PSI licensing examination as soon as possible after receiving your certificate of completion of the 48-Hour Pre-Examination course.
- We believe you have the best probability of passing the PSI test by taking the exam as soon as possible. Download the PSI Candidate Handbook for more information about the licensing exam HERE.
- Register for the exam immediately after receiving your certificate. There is a wait time. It is very important that you continue to study and stay fresh while you wait for your testing date!
#3 Complete the 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice (MREP) Course
- Must be completed AFTER obtaining the 48-Hour Pre-Examamination end of course certificate.
- We highly recommend that you wait to complete the course until after you pass the PSI licensing examination.
- You will receive a certificate of completion after passing our 24-Hour MREP end of course test.
#4 Have Your Fingerprinting and Background Check Completed through the MREC’s Approved Vendor
- Click on the following link to be taken to the Missouri Real Estate Commission’s fingerprinting instructions: https://pr.mo.gov/boards/realestate/fingerprints.pdf
- MREC’s four-digit registration number is 0004, which you must provide when registering.
- If you still need assistance, click on the links below for more information or contact the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) at (573) 751-2628 or visit their website HERE.
IDEMIA (Fingerprint Vendor)
IDEMIA Customer Service ——- (844) 543-9712 — CST – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
#5 Select a Broker to Hold Your License
- To obtain and maintain a Missouri Real Estate Salesperson license, you are required select a broker to hold your license (a broker to affiliate with).
- Real Estate Companies are regularly looking for highly motivated new agents. Finding a broker to affiliate with is typically not a problem.
#6 Apply for Your Missouri Salesperson Real Estate License
- Your broker will sign your license application and then the application must be received by the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) prior to the six-month expiration of your 48-Hour Pre-Examination course certificate.
- Once your application is processed and accepted, the MREC will issue your license and send your license to the broker you have selected. Your license will be held by your broker.
- The contact information for the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) is (573) 751-2628 or visit their website HERE.