“The 5 Steps to Obtaining a Real Estate Salesperson License in Missouri
#1 Complete the 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination Course
- The primary purpose of the 48-Hour Missouri Salesperson Pre-Examination course is to prepare the student to pass the licensing exam.
- First, complete this course and receive a certificate of completion by passing this course’s end of course test. You must pass the end of course test prior to scheduling and taking the Missouri Real Estate Licensing Exam at the PSI testing center.
- We highly recommend that you sign up for your test date as soon as possible after receiving your certificate for the 48-Hour Pre-Examination course.
- You can find a link to the PSI testing center website and instructions on how to sign up for the examination HERE.
- Your 48-Hour Pre-Examination certificate will expire six months after the date on the certificate. You must complete all of the steps to obtain a license and have your license application to the MREC before the certificate expires.
#2 Follow our simple “ABC Plan”
- A: Register as soon as possible for the PSI Salesperson Examination after receiving your certificate of completion of the 48-Hour Pre-Examination course. We believe you have the best probability of passing the PSI test by taking the exam as soon as possible. Download the PSI Candidate Handbook for more information about the licensing exam HERE.
- B: Begin our 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course (MREP) immediately after signing up for the test at the PSI testing center. It will keep you test sharp while you wait for your testing date! If you do not complete the 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course (MREP) that’s OK! You can return to complete the course after you take the test. You will receive a certificate after completing the course.
- C: Take and pass both the National and State Portions of the PSI Salesperson’s Test at the testing center.
#3 Have Your Fingerprinting and Background Check Completed through the MREC’s Approved Vendor
- This can be done any time during the process. We recommend you wait until your pass the test at the PSI testing Center.
- Click on the following link to be taken to the Missouri Real Estate Commission’s fingerprinting instructions: https://pr.mo.gov/boards/realestate/fingerprints.pdf
- MREC’s four-digit registration number is 0004, which you must provide when registering.
- If you still need assistance, click on the links below for more information or contact the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) at (573) 751-2628 or visit their website HERE.
- IDEMIA (Fingerprint Vendor)IDEMIA Customer Service ——- (844) 543-9712 — CST – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- IDEMIA Information / Missouri Homepage
#4 Select a Broker to Hold Your License
- To obtain and maintain a Missouri Real Estate Salesperson license, you are required select a broker to hold your license (a broker to affiliate with).
- This can be done at anytime during the process of obtaining your license. However, we recommend doing this prior to or after you are finished with your courses and have passed the test. Do not let this step interfere with your “passing the test focus”.
- Real Estate Companies are regularly looking for highly motivated new agents. Finding a broker to affiliate with is typically not a problem.
- If you would like a copy of “7+ Critical Questions to Ask a Broker” for you interview process, please contact us after you pass the test at the PSI testing center.
#5 Apply for Your Missouri Salesperson Real Estate License
- Your broker will sign your license application and then the application must be received by the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) prior to the six-month expiration of your 48-Hour Pre-Examination course certificate.
- Once your application is processed and accepted, the MREC will issue your license and send your license to the broker you have selected. Your license will be held by your broker.
- The contact information for the Missouri Real Estate Commission (MREC) is (573) 751-2628 or visit their website HERE.
Shop for the required 48-Hour Missouri Pre-Examination Course and the 24-Hour Missouri Real Estate Practice Course.
We welcome your call or texts with any questions you might have.
Kim: 314-409-7317 or Deb: 636-751-8432
Remember our “Missouri Pre-License Course Bundle” contains both of the required courses and saves you $$$!